Thursday, January 17, 2008

a conversation with Mr. D.

My husband called me from the car after he landed at the airport. He had read my blog about the awesome surprise I had for him. Here is the conversation recap:

Mr. D.- I saw your blog and do you know how mad I am going to be if I walk into the house and there is another dog there?

Me- Why would you be mad?

Mr. D.- Because it is a big decision and I can't believe you would get a new dog without even discussing it with me first.

Me- But what if it was a cute sweet pup who has been here since Saturday and is just waiting to meet it's new daddy?

Mr. D.- (lots of foul language) ...It's not staying

Me- You mean it has to leave? Be homeless? Go Back?

Mr. D.- I don't know but we are not keeping it.

Me- really?

LONG PAUSE

Mr. D.- Did you really get a dog?

Me-No your surprise has nothing to do with a dog

And the flipping awesome surprise is... drumroll please.....

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You should make him wait to use it since he was being ugly. ha ha ha.