Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a tale of two blogs

As you know Saturday night, I went to my husband's friend's birthday party at a Karaoke bar. I can't remember a time (with the exception of funerals) that I have had less fun. As you may know I HATE concerts and loud music. This was pretty much what I got- except in a gross smoky environment with.. well, not the most talented of singers. I now know how Simon, Paula and Randy must feel. There was only one singer of note - a rising star named Tiffani and you can click on her name to read her account of the evening- which is much different than mine. Perhaps the highlight of my evening was when I visited the bathroom which was the size of my closet. The back stall was closed and this girl suggested that we might want to crawl on the floor and unlock it from the inside because it was just locked and no one was in it. I assure you dear readers, I not now- nor ever have been the type of person who would even consider crawling on a nasty public bathroom floor. I swear there wasn't enough disinfectant in the world to get me clean after being in that bathroom. I raced home for a long shower and even used a body scrub all over. The ONLY great thing about my night was this strawberry cake that was served. AMAZING! It was so good, I could only eat 1/2 a slice because that is how rich it was. I had forgotten how much I love strawberry cake. MMM.. Here is a picture for Tiffani enjoying her time at the karaoke bar and me pretending to.

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

We really need to find out who made that cake and get the recipe! It was soooo DELICIOUS! At least we agreed on one thing :)

Meredith said...

I laughed so hard reading your entry!

Jackie said...

Ok, will first of all I would love to have a piece of that cake! Second, I hate smoke filled places and Third, I would have probably wanted to crawl under the table embarrassed for the poor people who thought they could sing.

Anonymous said...

you would think that you guys were at two different places....and yes I know you would never, ever crawl on a nasty floor...someone raised you so much better than that!