Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday 13: thirteen tracks on the train wreck of emotions

Here is a list of some of the feelings that I have been feeling this week. The second week of 2008 had been a CRAZY one!

1) SADNESS- I learned that my friends are having a rough time right now and I am so sad for them.
2) SHOCK- Someone actually said to my face that they didn't like me. I was shocked not only that anyone would be so bold.... but also that the concept of someone not liking me is even possible.
3) PISSED- A punk kid in the first grade asked me if I didn't think I was a little old to be playing the Wii! I informed him that they use them in nursing homes - so no!
4) EMBARRASSED- I ran over our recycling bins on the way out of the driveway on Wednesday. I was so embarrassed and hope none of the neighbors saw! (FYI - I was applying chap stick at the time)
5) FLATTERED- My husband and I had a date on Monday night- He was super sweet to me!
6) FRUSTRATED- Super Mario Galaxy is getting tough! We also have a new rabbit game and I keep killing the rabbits because I can't figure out how to feed them.
7) EXHAUSTED- Wednesday afternoon I took a 30 minute nap in which I was in such a deep sleep I think I woke myself up snoring! (flattering huh?) Once I woke up I was in a total daze!
8) COZY- I have a new faux fur blanket in my comfy chair- super cozy!
9) SILLY- We had friends over for Wii this week and it was a silly time!
10) EXCITED- we got a package from my Grandmother-in-law! Fun Stuff.
11) PEACEFUL- there is nothing more uncomfortable than being on the couch with an 87 lb dog on top of you... but still- it is very peaceful too.
12) WORRIED- We are under a TORNADO WARNING!
13) SNUGGLY- Reid's school closed early (just like mine) and I picked him up. We came to my house and crawled into the bed (yes- he is crawling now). We snuggled and cuddled and just napped all afternoon. It was heaven!

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

I can't even comprehend how some people can be so rude. But then again, are you surprised about the 1st grader being rude when adults are just as bad? That's where the kids learn it. I hope your train slows down a little. You sound so busy.

Anonymous said...

ok now would be a good time to send me an email and tell me who this person was that had the nerve not to like YOU! oh yes this mom is pissed! Just tell me when I can meet this lovely person and I will take it from there!

Anonymous said...

why are you embarrassed about running over the recycling bins....haven't you done that several times before or was that the trash can? Were you putting on lip gloss all of those other times? Just kidding (not)

Karen said...

For the record, I do not believe that it is possible for someone to NOT like you!