Last night:
Mr D.: What time should I set the alarm for?
Me: Well, my Doctor's appointment is at 7:30- but it is just a blood test, so I can be ready to go fairly quickly- so whenever you want to get up will be fine.
Mr D.: OK I will set it for 6:25
Me: OK
We go to sleep.
This morning
Mr D.: @&%$ - it is 7:15 the alarm didn't go off (actually it had- but the sound was turned all the way down so we never heard it)
Me: What??
We quickly get ready and both leave- Mr. D. had to go back to work today. (boo hoo)
I get ready as fast as I can. Call Dr. office- they are not open until 8 (just the lab is open early). Get dressed as fast as I can and leave. Get into the car- no gas. Stop in the 25 degree weather to get a little gas. I literally just stood there until I was miserable. I only got like 10 gallons. I drove the 14 miles ot the Doctor's office. I get there - no one cared that I was late- no was was as stressed about it as I was. In and out in less that 20 minutes. Now I am at home enjoying my last day off before back to school tomorrow. I am trying to get everything I had wanted to accomplished.. but instead I am blogging and relaxing. There will be plenty of time to get everything done- but today is my day to RELAX!
2 comments:
Did Mr D really say that? I feel your pain with the severly cold, highly windy weather!
I will send you an e-mail about my day with the new man in my life that demands so much of my time and my cold weather fun!
ok just to let you know you guys were not the only family memebers to have a clock error.............
last night when I went to bed with the intent to wake at 10..I made a couple of mistakes...
1. Fell asleep on the couch at 10 p.m. while watching the news.
2. I awoke at 10:10 p.m. and decided I should just go to bed (after all I am now getting to an advanced age). I went into the bedroom...set both alarms nad went to sleep.
results : this morning I was jarred awake (still dark) looked at the clock to find I had forgotten to change the setting ..it was 5 a.m.
I was a little upset but did go ahead and get up...take my elder meds and reset the alarm.
Post a Comment