Saturday, June 2, 2007

the patio saga coutinues


Today was a do-over day. There was no getting around the fact that no matter what we tried, the ground was just not level. I have been very perplexed by this for the last few days. When you are laying the bricks, all looks great, but when you walk away from them, or say, looked out the window at them you could totally tell. Even though doing double work is our pet peeve, we decided to do the right thing and go back a few steps. I can not tell you what a difference it has made! Today involved a little tamping...


and a little bit more sand here and there...

and lots and lots and even more leveling. This way is level, that way is level, check it once, check it twice....We added more sand and then the sweeping started....

Now... Finally, something that looks positively amazing......

only about 800 or so more bricks to go!!!

I will keep you all posted as the saga continues!


1 comment:

Meredith said...

Looks great! I'm so sorry you had to do it over, though.