Saturday, June 30, 2007

finding my center

Anyone who really knows me can tell you that disorganization is my middle name. My goal for the summer is to declutter my life. To quote Uptown Girls- one of my favorite movies- I am trying to "downsize, purify, streamline, sloughing off the excess to find your center". One area in particular is the guest room closet. It is a nice closet. It is the kind of closet that Monica had hidden on the show Friends. If you open it- be prepared for a flood of crap to fall at your feet. It is a great closet filled to the brim with unfinished projects, items that have not found any other home, things I don't need- but someone might and of course it is filled with lots of good intentions. It is the kind of closet that I can't even post a picture of without fear that a falling object would hit and damage that camera.
Anyway- the point of this blog entry is to share something funny I found in the closet. My friend Tiffani and I used to read a blog about this really cool girl and she had a list of 100 things about herself. In January of this year, we decided to make a list of 100 things about us. I found my list today, and it had 22 things on it. Just another unfinished project. I just called my friend Tiffani and she said her list had 41. Here is my list of 22 things about me.

1) I have held drivers licenses in 6 states.
2) I have 8 sets of dishes.
3) My Mom thinks I am obsessed with buying dishes.
4) I absolutely hate carrots but I love carrot and raisin salad.
5) I have had 2 car accidents being parked in my garage and without being in the car either time.
6) My name is called about 100 times a day.
7) I have a pencil lead in the palm of my left hand.
8) I am not sure how I lived without my Blackberry.
9) I go to the local Mexican restaurant so often, they gave me a present at Christmas.
10) My first concert was Hootie and the Blowfish.
11) Every painting in my house involves rain.
12) I am never without a to do list.
13) My student council slogan involved the words "be a dandy winner- vote for" if you know my maiden name- you can figure out the rest.
14) I still sleep with a stuffed bear- 2 actually.
15) My favorite place is a hot bubble filled tub.
16) I own and can twirl a baton. You'd be impressed!
17) I rarely finish the books for book club. (wow- this must be a very old list, since the book club is no more)
18) My state fishing license has me listed as a male.
19) I do not keep a check book registry.
20) I have moved 18 times in my life.
21) I am left handed.
22) I still have the Jessica Simpson Christmas CD in my car, and I listen to it year round.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to clarify that I did not read Tish and Rico's blog. Sandy told me about the 100 list and I had to go find out what was on it so I could compose my own. Sandy's is the ony blog I read regularly. If I finish the student council slogan - do i get a prize?

Anonymous said...

I just realized that I don't even know the people's names. It's Tish and Brico. I had to fix her name before because I called her Trish. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

THAT WOULD BE MY SANDY

Anonymous said...

Yet another update: I finished my 100 list. I expect to see yours soon :)