The first is called Crispy Cheese Cookies.
It called for:
1 cup of sharp cheddar
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 tsp of salt
1 cup of rice crispy cereal
Mix together and roll into 1 inch balls. Place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Press down and crisscross with a fork (like those super yummy peanut butter "fork" cookies my Aunt Patsy makes). Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. It said to store them in an airtight container- but since the recipe only makes 2 dozen- we didn't have left overs. Also, all Brady friendly ingredients-so he got one as a treat. I would definitely make the cheese cookies for an appetizer again.
The second recipe was a big hit. It only took a few minutes to make- but as you can see from the picture, it looks like I put a lot of effort into this dish. It only has 3 ingredients.
strawberries
strawberry cream cheese
cream cheese frosting
Wash, slice and hull out strawberries. Mix equal parts of strawberry cream cheese and cream cheese frosting. Pipe into the hulled out strawberries. Replace tops. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
We had so much fun at our little cookout today. I am looking forward to many many more as the summer progresses.
4 comments:
I do the same thing! My mom thinks I'm nuts.
Everything looks yummy. I looooove cheese crisps.
Yummy cookies and strawberries! In fact, everything was yumm-O!
Okay, those strawberries look so yummy. I remember how good of a cook you are and no doubt they tasted as good as they look. I think I'm going to somehow copy all the recipes you list and label them as Sandy's Recipes. Keep sharing.
well Jill ... after a day of meetings and before a night of work my beatiful daughter and my wonderful son-in-law took the time to have me stop by for a tasty dinner to help me through the night. As an added treat I had the pleasure of tasting the super yummy strawberries.. (I am not a huge strawberry fan but these could cause me to convert) I can recommend them for any and all gatherings
Post a Comment