Sunday, May 25, 2008
my date
Mr. D. took me on a date last night. We went to a restaurant that he has been to before but I haven't. The name of the place is Fire and Ice. Click on the name to go to the site. We had so much fun- in fact I said in the car "that was fun" and Mr. D. was like- do you realize you have said that like 12 times since we left. Well, it was fun!!! I want to go back. Basically it looks like a huge salad bar, but in reality there is only a small portion that is salad. The rest of the bar contains any kind of vegetable and meat you can imagine. I even thought it would be a great time to try something new I had never tried before - but when I mention trying muscles to Mr. D. he told me that they are slimy and that was the end of that thought. At the table they brought us chips, salsa, rice and tortillas. I had a salad first, which next time I would skip to make more room for the other stuff. The first main dish I made consisted of chicken, shrimp, bacon, water chestnuts (which I LOVE!!!), mushrooms, pasta, and onions. This concoction had a honey garlic sauce on it. Mr. D. made steak, onions, mushrooms, talapia and potatoes in a Saskatchewan sauce. We took it to the grill and hung out while it was cooked. The chefs were very entertaining. They talked to you, sang, fussed at each other, etc. It made the cooking time fly by. We ate that and then went back for more. The second time around we decided to make something to share with the other one. I chose a hamburger patty, bacon, onions and mushrooms with a barbecue sauce. Mr. D. chose broccoli, pasta, chicken, onions, mushrooms and an Alfredo sauce. We went to the grill. They created me the most yummy cheese hamburger. I even picked up on a new technique I will be using at home. Mr. D. had some pretty great pasta Alfredo. After that, we were done, full, finished, couldn't eat another bite (even thought they had super yummy looking chocolate cake).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment