Sunday, May 25, 2008

how I spent my Saturday

While I was out shopping for 4 super cute summer tops, Mr. D. decided to sand down the front door to be refinished. We took a journey to our home away from home-- the Home Depot to purchase stain, brushes, a drop cloth, painters tape, cheese cloth and polyurethane. We came home and taped the areas that didn't need staining. We stained the door in the afternoon and we will be putting on the polyurethane today. The door looks FABULOUS!! If the people 5 houses down only knew that it was originally their door, they would want it back. Luckily we bought first and I had the builder switch the doors. :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I can tell that it looks great!

Anonymous said...

I remember the whole door exchange like it was yesterday....there you were ready to sign the paper to puchase the house and you looked ever so sweetly at the contractor and said in the most defined southern voice....I'll only sign here if you take your little self down to the fifth house and bring me back that little ol' door...after he closed his mouth he ran all the way down to get the door...of course I can't put the words he was using here ... but you can just adlib here......just kidding....I really only remember you telling me you had them to change the door