Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ramona

Ramona Quimby was my first true literary friend.

I loved reading the Ramona books.

I remember waiting till I was 8 to read Ramona Quimby age 8.

I remember being sad when I had read all of the books and there were no more adventures with Ramona.

I also remember that I just didn't like the other Beverly Cleary books as much.

If I had an Amazon Kindle (insert wavy line tv dream sequence here) I would download all of the Ramona book and read them again this summer.

Tomorrow I am taking Eden and Alice to visit with Ramona and Beezus on the big screen.

I hope they love Ramona Quimby as much as I do.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Please tell us if they loved it! I want to see it sooooo badly.

Sandy D. said...

The girls had fun. It had a lot of parts from the books in it- and I enjoyed Eden leaning over and whispering what was about to happen from what she remembered in the books. PRECIOUS!! It was basically all of the funny parts of the books rolled into a movie. The plot and storyline were lacking, but overall a cute movie. Much more kissing than I thought there would be and Eden was very grossed out about it.

Emily said...

I LOVED Ramona too! I was so sad when there were no more books to read. The highlight of elementary school was going to the school library and finding a Ramona book. I'd just plop down in the floor of the library aisle and read it right there. After Romona, I moved on to Encyclopedia Brown. :)