Saturday, July 24, 2010

getting ready

We are getting ready for the baby to be born. We are actually 2 weeks away from the estimated due date. This weekend we have really taken care of the last minute things. One task that I have been charged with by the agency is getting the birth mother a bag together for the hospital. She is not planning on rooming in with the child (PRAISE GOD!!) and so I guess it's meant to be stuff for her to do, or to pamper her. Our agency suggested that I do this, so it's on the up and up and totally legal.

Today, I found this super cute bag for her. I am actually packing the bag as I blog. I am a multi-tasker at heart!
In the bag, she will find.....
* a lipgloss
* a nail polish
* a book of a variety of different puzzles
* a su doku book
* a journal
* a pack of pens
* a pack of mechanical pencils
* a gift set containing a shower gel, body cream, body spray, cosmetic bag, shower poof and pumice stone
* two hair clippies
* a manicure kit

I also plan to get some gum and snacks to throw in but I figured I could do that there and not worry about things melting in the car.

Speaking of packing, yesterday we got the last thing we needed for the baby's bag. Check out this super cute dress Mr. D.'s Mother sent.
Love the smocking!!!

1 comment:

Momma said...

How super sweet is the cute, cute, cute little dress Toots sent for our Grand daughter Shelby Kathryn! Looks like Toots and Nonnie are ready to love, kiss, cuddle and (YES) spoil the little lady!

What outstanding idea the gift bag for the WONDERFUL birth mom will be. Think about adding travel shampoo and conditioner (normal hair should be fine). Maybe a brush, comb and a small stand mirror. Tweezers would also be nice to have.

Think about a small toy for her to give her little boy in case he comes to visit with his mom or as a gift she can give him when she returns home.