Friday, February 5, 2010

when it rains- it pours...

..... an apparently when it snows it blizzards. Tonight, we got our hearts crushed into a million pieces when our birth mother announced at the time for us to take custody of the baby that she changed her mind and has decided to parent the child.

We left and packed the car as fast as we could and got the heck-o-la out of town. Why stay? So we started driving home and it seemed no matter how we tried- we were in a blizzard. So we drove until we couldn't anymore and we are staying at a hotel and neither of us even know what the name of the town we are in. Does it even matter?

When some time has passed I may be able to blog about what I feel, think, where I go from here. I just can't right now.

I am sorry to all who have invested their emotions in this crazy dream we had. I hurt for all of you too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking and tears are flowing for you. I have read about the exact same thing happening to other parents who were ready to take their adopted baby home and I was so hoping you would be spared that pain.I am praying, praying, praying for you. God WILL bless you with a baby. I am praying for Him to love you in a special way that only He can in the time you wait. He is our comforter. Only He knows what you need right now because He has had the plan for your life in His mind since before time began.

The Dales said...

I am praying for you and Paul and that God will give you comfort that you didn't know you could have in such a time.

Matthew 11:25-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Heather said...

I am so sorry to read this. I am also inspired that you are the kind of person who has just suffered more than I can imagine and is worried about everyone else.

Hold on to you faith, your hope, your humanity- these are the traits that make you so special and make us all love you. Our thoughts are with you. Sending virtual hugs galore!

Jackie said...

We love you guys! Wish I could take some of the pain away.

Kelly said...

I just found your blog through Meredith's link and I want you to know that you are in my prayers. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I KNOW our God has a plan and can heal all hurt and pain. Stay strong in Him and know that many are praying for you.

Emily said...

You have no reason to say you are sorry to us. I am so glad we all have invested our emotions in this with you because you need the support. In life you need friends to celebrate the highs with and friends to help you through the lows. That is the only way it works. We are all waiting to welcome you home and give you guys the support you deserve. You don't owe anyone anything--a blog post, an explanation, an apology, anything. Now is the time for you to TAKE not give. Lots of hugs!!

Linda said...

Its not a crazy dream. You two will be the wonderful parents you were meant to be. Its real nightmare today and the vision for you two wonderful people to be fantastic parents will happen for you. It will. Please don't lose your faith and your sweetness. You will be blessed, I know you will. We love you two more than we can ever say. You will be wonderful parents. Soon. be brave and we will move forward together as a family.

Anonymous said...

my husband and I have walked in your shoes. We had 3 adoption situation and the last one FINALLY stuck...we got the baby! The first baby we never met, the 2nd baby we had for 3 weeks from Wisconsin and the 3rd from Pennsylvania was "our last straw" and he is now 3 years old and could not be any more like us. I could not have children so this was our hope for a family and all I wanted in life was to be a mommy! I know I am a total stranger but please know that I have been EXACTLY where you are in 2006! All within 9 months we had 2 failed adoptions, I had a hysterectomy, and we had a successful adoption. The most awesome thing is when we were handing back over our Precious John Patrick our precious Andrew was on his way. God is good and keep the faith! Lean on each other and by all means CRY!!! This was your baby and in a lot of ways this is worse than death! there will not be many days that will go by that you will not think of this precious baby but it will get easier and you will be able to smile on the times that you were able to hold her! God Bless and know that I am praying for you!!!!