Monday, September 7, 2009

what a weekend!

I was so thankful to have a long weekend, both for relaxing and for getting things done.
But, before I tell you about anything we did I have to take care of two orders of business. First, and most importantly...

And second, you must try this recipe this week. Shrimp Scampi! Please, just try it and DON'T go with the non-butter butter either. Just close your eyes and put the two sticks in- it is worth it. I made this Sunday night and it was SO SO SO good. I am rarely blown away for my own cooking- but this was fabulous. Restaurant quality folks. I did add whole white button mushrooms. Mr. D. said next time to add a little Parmesan cheese on top. Add salad and bread sticks and you have a meal. I wish I could make it again tonight!

Let's see.... the weekend. Friday evening, Mr. D. got of work early the stopped on his way home to get my contacts. Hallelujah!! There is a long story on why I couldn't stop and get them myself that I won't bore you with - but just know there has never been a girl so happy to put a new pair of contacts in! After that, he came home and we made a list of things we wanted to do in the next four days, and then- since it was payday, he took me out to dinner! Anyone want to guess where we ate?? Cozumel Grill! I loved every bite of it. Then as an added bonus, we rented a couple of movies.

Saturday, we got up and worked on projects. I had a huge project in the garage that I tackled first thing. That afternoon, we went to a wedding. After the wedding we spent a nice and relaxing evening at home watching the 'Bama game, and working little projects.

Sunday, we worked a little more around the house, and for our afternoon entertainment, we made a shopping list and went to the grocery store. That night, I made the shrimp scampi and we watched a movie.

This morning, I made chocolate chip muffins for breakfast (from a mix, not homemade). I was chatting with my Mom about someone kind of in the family who passed away, and as I bent down to put the muffins in the oven- MY PHONE went in as well!! Is slid on back under the racks. I started screaming and trying to find something to get it out with. It was only in here for a couple of seconds, but got a little bubbly on the plastic. Otherwise, the phone is fine. The oven was at 400 degrees. So, I took the last of my birthday checks- and purchased a new shell for my phone. I was able to custom design it. I used my amazing publishing software, and here is what it is going to look like.
I think someone in the house must have broken a mirror lately with all of the things that have gone wrong in this house lately. Air Conditioning needing repair, my laptop cord dying, the Delta miles debacle, the phone in the oven, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on.

Anyway, great news! After a 2 month hiatus, we finally finished touching up the paint in the bedroom/bathroom today. It was great to finally mark that off of the never ending to do list! I am proud of us.

OK- dinner is ready, off to enjoy a quiet evening before back to work tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Thank you! :) We're excited to see you in a few weeks!

Meredith said...

thank you!!