Hot Mexican Corn Dip
2 (15.25 ounces) cans of whole kernel corn, drained10 jalapeno peppers chopped (I used 7 and it was PLENTY!)
1 tsp garlic salt
8 oz block of cream cheese
1/4 cup of butter
Put all ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Serve with corn or tortilla chips.
I made this today to take to a party that we were going to with a Mexican theme. I mainly chose this recipe because I had most of the ingredients in the house. I had a can of Jalapenos left over from my cooking class this summer. The funny part about this recipe is that Mr. D. can't eat Jalapenos without getting sick and I have not been eating corn lately, so basically it was something neither of us should be eating. We both tasted it. I thought it was OK, Mr. D. thought it was good. A few people at the party seemed to like it, and a lot of it was eaten. I only put in 7 jalapenos - but it definitely has a kick to it. I couldn't imagine if it had 10 in it! That would have been hot hot HOT!!
1 comment:
I'm excited about the new recipes you'll be posting this football season! This dip sounds yummy but too hot for me, I'd have to cut it back even more for me!
Post a Comment