Wednesday, September 2, 2009

fyi

This week, I got my print from sweet Rylee's newborn photo session. I found a perfect spot for her in the house. I think this is a super cute pic of the little sweetie pie.

Meet Penelope..named after Penelope Widmore of course. Penelope was my birthday present from Mr. D. She is a cheeky little British lady who makes my cell phone into a speaker phone that I can hear through the speakers in my car. This makes me a safer driver than having to try and hold the phone and drive. That Mr. D.... so practical. Actually, I really like having her.

As a birthday surprise to me, our air conditioning system had perfect timing on needing repair. Actually it didn't cost too much, relatively speaking. That could have turned a happy birthday into a crappy birthday in a heartbeat. The guy came and fixed it that very afternoon and we were living the meat locker life by the time we went to sleep.

Tragedy struck our closet the other day. My hanging bars run parallel. My top bar is for tops and my bottom bar is for bottoms. (duh!). Anyway, the other morning the bottom bar fell to the ground causing a big mess to occur. So, I decided it was time to clean out the old closet. I made a bag for Goodwill, gave a few outfits to a friend and reorganized the closet. One thing I finally stored after 10 years was my wedding dress. I took a few pics incase I forgot what they looked like. Here is my head piece- which I LOVED!! I still enjoy putting it on every now and then. It is precious. Basically a beaded headband and veil attached.
And this is a glimpse of the beadwork on the dress.
I am sad to put it all away- but we have to make room for present day things. So, now the closet is back to working properly and I am finding it much easier to get ready in the mornings!!

1 comment:

momma said...

You should include a picture of you in your dress and veil.... you are still as beautiful today as you were on your and mr. d's wedding day.