Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Caleb can't have an ice cream cone

OH YES HE CAN!!!

Today I got to spend the afternoon with Parker and Caleb. I always like to take the kids for an after school snack on the way home- because there isn't a lot of "kid food" at my house (yet!!). I got in the car here was the conversation.
Me: what will it be boys, chocolate sprinkle doughnuts or ice cream cones??
Caleb: (In a sweet little whisper) Ice cream
Parker: Caleb can't have ice cream cones
Me: and just why not
Parker: he is too little and he will just make a mess
Me: Caleb- do you want an ice cream cone
Caleb- (laughing)
I started driving to Sonic. All of the way there - Parker continued to explain to me how messy it would be, and how Caleb would need his in a cup, and on and on and on with a million reason on why the 3 year old thought I was being irresponsible. Finally I just summed it up for Parker with "Caleb can have an ice cream cone- just like he can have a bath". He actually did a great job with it- and loved every second of it. He even almost ate the paper because I had forgotten to take it off. Was it messy? Yes, but more importantly it was fun. (Just putting it out there for you Meredith- this is the kind of Aunt I am!)

Parker had a great time as well! And, true to my word, before they left my house- I gave both of the boys a bath. I had so much fun with them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could take my girls one afternoon! They LOVE TCBY!
Mandy D. :)

Meredith said...

And I love it! Fun is the name of the day! There's always time for a bath later. :)

Jonathan said...

You are so sweet to do that cause this mommy sure won't! Hahaha, I bet I would with Henry though....something about doing crazy things with other peoples children!

Jonathan said...

I know this sounds wack-o and I knew this (I'm not that dumb) but I just really really realized we will be aunts to Henry together! Aw, you will so win out on the fun factor! You're great with kids!

Jackie said...

Yeah, she can say that now but she was the child that cried if she had any thing on her hands...couldn't stand to be dirty. I did something wrong, didn't I?

Sandy D. said...

I think we are all going to have so much FUN with Henry!!