As I mentioned earlier- Mr. D plans a Super Bowl party each year. He plans the guest list. Sometime I have to do the invitations- but usually he does. It is totally his event- except for my main job which is to plan and coordinate everything else. He always is out of town until the day before. He always comes home exhausted so alot of this falls on me. I don't mind though because he has such a fun time. He is definitly the social butterfly of the family. Tomorrow a few friends are scheduled to arrive. I have planned a extensive menu taking great care not to make anything remotely healthy. I am also excited this year to be using a few new serving dishes. Here is what I have planned.
velvetta, sausage, and rotell dip with scoops and flour tortilla chips
pizza dip with fresh baked frozen garlic bread sticks and crunchy bread sticks
crunch and munch (talk about an impulse purchase)
cocktail weinies in a yummy sauce made from current jelly and mustard
potato skins
popcorn chicken
super bowl cake
I was going to make a recipe I made up in my head- involving refrigerator biscuits, popcorn chicken, cheese, buffalo wing sauce and ranch- but Mr. D. said he felt like I had planned too much food. We also usually cater in some of the food, but the guest list was smaller this year, and Mr. D. again changed his mind on that too. Oh well, less work for me and I am sure no one will leave here hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment