Anyway--- there is a little Trading Spaces of our own going on here this weekend. There are only a few differences. They have 2 houses- we have one. The have two teams- we have one. They have two days- we have as many as we want. They have a $1000 project budget - we don't. They provide a designer and a carpenter- we had to be our own. They get a $500 gift card from Home Depot at the end- I doubt Paige is going to show up and give us one when we finish this job... but we will see. So here is the project at hand. I know my loyal readers have read the many many funny blog entries about my junky guest room closet. Well, it is being liberated! On Friday- I unloaded the closet.
Here is a picture of just some of the crap that came out of it. I know I need Oprah to intervene! But as part of our motto- Eliminate '08 - I am cutting the clutter pile to a minimum!
Yesterday- we made a trip to Home Depot where we spent about an hour gathering supplies. We packed everything in my Mazda Tribute and came home. We got straight to work. My job is mainly the clutter piles and offering a hand here and there. By the end of the day- here was our progress. Mr. D. created a few little shelves on the side of the closet.
I hope to find some cute little bins to sit on these little shelves and I know just the store where they are located- so it shouldn't be too hard..
This is a 3 drawer "in the box" cabinet unit that was put together as well.
I don't know how much progress will be made today- since we slept until 11am. Like I said before we have as much time as we need. I will keep you posted in the progress!
1 comment:
How wonderful! I am so jealous. If I added shelves to my closet, I wouldn't have any other room! :( It looks great already. I can't wait to see the final pictures.
Post a Comment