Last night- we went to the most interesting party I have ever been to! It was honestly something I had never even thought of before- but I went with an open mind and actually had a lot of fun. I don't even know where to begin! Imagine if you will...
The most gorgeous historic home you have ever seen. (I got this picture of it off of the internet) It is well over 100 years old. Each room has been remodeled and restored. It definitely looks like something out of Southern Living. I can't image all of the hard work that Jonathan and Kyle have put into this home. Each room I toured was better than the next. I just kept looking in awe. They have an entire wall that is a fish tank. I loved it! The back yard was incredible. They have 3 peacocks (all boys) in a large gazebo cage. They also have the most amazing pool area you have ever seen. I just wanted to move in. Everything was so nice. The food was great and the presentation impeccable. The atmosphere was jolly. Now- sprinkle into this this incredible setting... about 300 people and umm.. 5 drag queens. Here is the invitation!
It was the perfect recipe for a fun time. I have to apologize dear readers- it never occurred to me to take my camera. Here is the usual sub standard cell phone shot. My friend Tiffani took some pics and if any of them are stellar, I will add them later. The performers were The Goddess Raven, Obsinity, Dee Ranged, Trinity Taylor, and Genesis. I am sure if you are interested you can check them out on You Tube. Anyway, the show started off with the Goddess Raven on top of the pool side cabana. The costume was AMAZING. Here is the pic, again- I apologize for the quality.
She was so comical. After her performance, the others performed about the poolside. Now, I don't want anyone thinking they stripped or anything. Basically they danced and lip synced (is that a word?). It was clean fun with a lot of foul language sprinkled in. If it were in a movie it would probably be rated PG 13 except for the language part. There was some excitement in that the police came at one point- but just to ask people to clear the alley way and for the music to be turned down. I have never been to a party before where the police came. Anyway, at the end of the show, Raven has a fire baton act where she lit the entire area around the pool on fire and for the final climbed up on top of the cabana and dove into the pool. It was crazy and I am glad that she didn't die doing it. I have already RSVP'd yes for the party next year. I had fun hanging out with Adam and Erica while we were there. Kudos to Kyle and Jonathan for kicking off the holiday season in style. Here is a picture of Tiffani and me at the party. 
The most gorgeous historic home you have ever seen. (I got this picture of it off of the internet) It is well over 100 years old. Each room has been remodeled and restored. It definitely looks like something out of Southern Living. I can't image all of the hard work that Jonathan and Kyle have put into this home. Each room I toured was better than the next. I just kept looking in awe. They have an entire wall that is a fish tank. I loved it! The back yard was incredible. They have 3 peacocks (all boys) in a large gazebo cage. They also have the most amazing pool area you have ever seen. I just wanted to move in. Everything was so nice. The food was great and the presentation impeccable. The atmosphere was jolly. Now- sprinkle into this this incredible setting... about 300 people and umm.. 5 drag queens. Here is the invitation!
It was the perfect recipe for a fun time. I have to apologize dear readers- it never occurred to me to take my camera. Here is the usual sub standard cell phone shot. My friend Tiffani took some pics and if any of them are stellar, I will add them later. The performers were The Goddess Raven, Obsinity, Dee Ranged, Trinity Taylor, and Genesis. I am sure if you are interested you can check them out on You Tube. Anyway, the show started off with the Goddess Raven on top of the pool side cabana. The costume was AMAZING. Here is the pic, again- I apologize for the quality.
She was so comical. After her performance, the others performed about the poolside. Now, I don't want anyone thinking they stripped or anything. Basically they danced and lip synced (is that a word?). It was clean fun with a lot of foul language sprinkled in. If it were in a movie it would probably be rated PG 13 except for the language part. There was some excitement in that the police came at one point- but just to ask people to clear the alley way and for the music to be turned down. I have never been to a party before where the police came. Anyway, at the end of the show, Raven has a fire baton act where she lit the entire area around the pool on fire and for the final climbed up on top of the cabana and dove into the pool. It was crazy and I am glad that she didn't die doing it. I have already RSVP'd yes for the party next year. I had fun hanging out with Adam and Erica while we were there. Kudos to Kyle and Jonathan for kicking off the holiday season in style. Here is a picture of Tiffani and me at the party. 
7 comments:
Ok, so maybe it WAS as fun as the party I went to. Heehee. I need the pic of the invitation so I can put it up on my page, please. I'm so glad we went!
I've gotta know how you know these people!
Hey - what do you want for Christmas?
The picture of you and Tiffani is great--and I am so jealous that I you attended this function and I did not, it sounds fabulous!!!!
WHERE WAS THE HUSBAND? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT HOUSE....AND I TOO WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE
I ALSO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A PARTY WHERE THE POLICE CAME BY...WHAT A HOOT!
hey I remembered a party i had been to where the cops showed up. So i lied to you at the party. It was when I was in college.
He was there- he took the pictures
update: I actually know a person who also knows Raven!
Post a Comment