Monday, April 30, 2012
tales from the potty
Over Spring Break, we bought Shelby a little potty. She has been showing signs of interest. Like...leaving the bathtub to tee tee and then getting back into the tub. We are not pushing it. The potty is available. If she wants to use it she can but we aren't making a big deal about it. Every time she uses the potty she says "ut oh" when it starts hitting the potty. It's really cute. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. She likes reading the books. Her potty is a little chair, but also has an insert for the big potty. Some times when she is playing and talking I will hear her say potty and when I do I take her and she goes every time. She is wearing pull ups- in a size 3t/4t. They have Disney Princesses on them. When she potties in them I was making a big deal about saying "oh no, the poor princesses". Now, "oh no the princesses" is Shelby's code word for telling me she needs to be changed. Of course, she only seems to mention that occasionally. She is still young and like I said, we are casually trying before hitting it hard core later on.
