Sunday, May 10, 2009

We have been very busy since my last post. But, in the last two days- something AMAZING happened. We finally chose a paint color for our bedroom and bathroom. We have deliberated with this since- oh, about November- I know this because the gift card we used to buy the paint and supplies said Happy Birthday (to Mr. D.) on it. So I present you with the before and after. Here is the before, with the cheap builders paint- and 4 years (almost 5 years!) of our wear and tear... Oh, and all of our clutter!


After picture- just after the tape came off- before any of the stuff has been put back in.
The color is a Behr paint called Silver Screen. It is a grayish-bluish-purplish color. I wish you could see it better in this picture. I absolutely love it. It really lightened up the room. I can't wait to see it in the bedroom- which with the taupe paint always felt like a cave to me. That of course, will have to wait for another weekend. The bathroom was a challenge in itself- with pitched ceiling lines, but the bedroom has a tray ceiling that will have to be painted! Whew- I am exhausted from it before we even start. Anyway, back to the bathroom. It looks so very pretty with the contrast between the gray and the white trim, ceiling, molding, tub and vanity. Pretty! I just love looking at it! Yeah us!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Looks super! Blue-grey is one of my new favorite paint colors.

momma said...

that looks good.... I would like to drop by one afternoon to see it in person...what would be a good day?