Today, Shelby and I had a great day. We spent the
WHOLE day.... well from 7-4 anyway
just the two of us. I was able to get lots of things done. Shelby was great and caught up on some much needed sleep and got back into her feeding schedule. Believe it or not, my living room is spotless. There isn't a speck of dust to be found. I removed every single thing, cleaned and put it back. I even added a few new elements and rearranged some things. I use this lavender scented Swiffer dust and shine spray. It makes the house smell so fresh! When Mr. D. came home he asked if I had hired a housekeeper.... haha! It's amazing what I can get done when I have time to get something done. Around 4, Parker, Caleb and Julie came over. It was fun until the boys realized that the Wii remotes weren't charged. Then they decided to go home and play. Shelby and I also went to the post office today. I never realized how much postage went into having a baby! I have said I am going to start giving stamps as shower gifts!
Tonight I made a special dinner - Mr. D's favorite- roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and popovers. Tonight we have just played with Shelby between her naps. It's been a great day.
Last night, Mr. D. and Shelby hung out while I went to my school for Montessori Philosophy and Methods night. It was GREAT!! I am fortunate to really love my job. I got to meet some of the new parents in our class. It was funny because I have been sending pictures of Shelby home for the kids. One Mom said that her daughter keeps them by her bed. Sweet! I sent some more pictures today for Kate to pick up and send home. Saturday is a baby shower for Shelby from my class. It's going to be great to see all of the kids and their parents again!
I have so much more to tell, but duty calls.... more later!
1 comment:
Those are truly the best days of being a mom. Enjoy! (And I was thinking about you during philosophy night! I bet Kate was so happy to see you.)
Post a Comment