Sunday, June 20, 2010

flowers and herbs

I got these beauties at Costco. Here are the arrangements that I made.They decorated my house as we had another adoption home study update this weekend.


Today I harvested herbs.I wrapped them in waxed paper and labeled them so I would remember what they were when I went to work with them. I still haven't figured out what to do with cinnamon basil or pineapple sage. I need to so some more research on that. Here is what I did make. I made tomato basil pesto, regular basil pesto, rosemary butter and Italian dipping oil for bread. I gave most of this away, but there will be plenty more where this came from.

Things in the garden are going well. I put in 4 more okra plants and 2 cucumber plants this weekend. I have 6 tomatoes green and growing on the vine. I also discovered that my eggplant is actually a white eggplant. It's been HOT HOT HOT here!!!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Awesome! I am salivating!

And you are great at flower arranging.