Saturday, December 27, 2008

hello bloggerville--

Ok- looks like I need to get you all caught up on the happenings in my life since the dinner with the Lovells.

Monday 12/22 - This is the day I really chose to begin my hardcore holiday shopping. I met my friend Erika at the very crowded shopping center. Even though the shopping center is only about 12 miles from here, it took an hour to get there and an hour and a half to get back. While there, we ate lunch at Panera Bread. I did not get very much crossed off of my list. Oh well. Monday night I made an amazing dinner. - pork tenderlion and roasted potatoes.


Tuesday 12/23- On this morning, I got up and hit the stores again. This time I went to a shopping center 6 miles from here. No crowds, no fuss- and lots of items were purchased! It was great. I was home within 2 hours. It was great!


Wednesday 12/24- My mom arrived with breakfast. We went out and did some last minute shopping and then home for a nap before our big family gathering. We went to my Aunt Patsy's for dinner with my family. When we got back, I put out the nativity set- my Christmas eve tradition. Remember before now- it was just Joseph, pregnant Mary and the Donkey.


Thursday 12/25- Christmas Day! My mom spent the night here and got up with us. I made Mr. D.'s favorite sticky buns. We opened our gifts and then my mom was on her way. We went next door and had Christmas with the Lovells. Then we came back and got ready because Mr. D. had to go into work. I went with him to help out where I could. Then we came home and I made our traditional Christmas dinner : roast beef, mashed potatoes, popovers, and gravy. It was delicious!


Friday 12/ 26- We got up on this morning (and I woke up with pink-eye) and we went to a kickoff luncheon for the Papajohns.com bowl. It was great. Then we came home and I took a long nap. Afterwards, we cleaned up a little and Meghan came over to celebrate Christmas with us. We went to dinner and to do a little shopping. We had so much fun!


Saturday 12/27 - Christmas with the Browns! This afternoon, Mr. D.'s parents came to visit and will be spending the night tonight. We went to eat at Surin 280 and exchanged our gifts. Thanks to the Browns, my nativity set is almost complete. It looks incredible. We had so much fun together and it was great to see them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A-MAZ-ING