Tonight is a fine example of why Mr. D. and I are last minute shoppers. I got a text from Mr. D. today while I am at work that states he has bought me my first gift. Later this afternoon, I went to get him a gift that I had been planning for weeks to stop and get today since I had time between school and a fundraiser I was working. I texted him that I got him a gift too. I get home around 8:30ish and it starts...
Mr. D. and I have spent the last hour discussing off and on if we should just trade that one gift tonight. We have even called and solicited the opinions of others. We have no will power in this house and that is why gifts must only be brought in at the last minute! Of course, if we do- then we are back to having nothing for each other again.
Here is what we know about the gifts.
1) They both cost $16.
2) They both came from the same small little town in our city.
3) They are not the same things- as confirmed by Meghan who is in the know on both items.
4) They can both either by really cool - or really sucky.
5) They were both bought with friends and none of the friends had an opinion either way of the gift.
6) They both came from stores in which we do not normally shop.
7) Mr. D. would use his immediately, and I would use mine between now and the end of the week.
8) My gift has packaging the size of a football and his gift has packaging the size of a Lean Cuisine.
9) Neither of us knew about or thought about the gift we bought each other until we heard about it from some one else.
So-- as of right now there is no exchange in sight-- but I will keep you posted.
2 comments:
Resist the temptation! Don't open until Christmas!!!!
YOU GUYS ARE JUST TO FUNNY
Post a Comment