We ate dinner at the most charming place. It is called Joe's Italian. Mr. D. read about it on the message board for our city, and my, are we glad he did. It is the cutest little place. Everything is authentic italian. Mama was in the kitchen whipping up this and that. The waitress would bring out something and say " Mama just made this special- try it". We were stuffed to the gills before our orders came thanks to Mama. The pasta and breads are homemade. I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup that was so incredible that I wished I was sick and eating it to feel better. For dinner I ate cannelloni, Mr. D. ate ravioli, Matt ate manicotti and Julie ate lasagna. The portions were so big that two people could have easily shared a meal. I thought I was going to cry when she asked if we were ready for dessert and I was too full for cannoli cake. Mr. D. promised to take me back for cannoli cake another time. They have an entire italian dessert bakery of anything you can imagine. As were were leaving, Joe was there and we thanked him for dinner. He said it was his pleasure having us over. I am sure that we will make it back to Joe's soon. After dinner, we went to see 4 Christmases. It was very funny and had us laughing right from the start. I would recommend seeing it.
Here is the history of Joe's.
Our History
Joe's Italian Restaurant was established in June of 1981 in Gilroy, California by Giuseppe and Elvira Bertolone, whom emigrated from Italy in 1977 with their small children Michael and Sonia.
Joe's quickly became a beloved local icon and Gilroy landmark, and has been featured in the Library of Congress and on the Food Network.
After dedicating 27 years of their lives to their successful family restaurant business, Joe and Mamma decided it was time to retire, subsequently selling their cherished restaurant in early 2007, and retired in Alabama to be closer to their daughters Mary and Sonia. Soon after, their son Michael, decided to join the rest of the family in Alabama and the adventure begins to unfold.
Michael, Mary and Sonia, have joined forces to bring Joe's to Alabaster and collectively share with you our love and passion for Italian culture and cuisine.
Our Philosophy
We believe in fresh food, prepared with ingredients of the up most quality. We believe in excellent customer service. It is our goal to provide a clean and friendly family atmosphere and to be your locally owned and operated neighborhood restaurant.
We intentionally keep our menu limited to provide our customers with quality and delicious meals. Our daily specials will reflect the seasons and availability of fresh local and regional produce.
Welcome to our family and to Joe's Italian Plaza Pasta & Caffé. It is our pleasure and honor to serve you.
Joe's Italian Restaurant was established in June of 1981 in Gilroy, California by Giuseppe and Elvira Bertolone, whom emigrated from Italy in 1977 with their small children Michael and Sonia.
Joe's quickly became a beloved local icon and Gilroy landmark, and has been featured in the Library of Congress and on the Food Network.
After dedicating 27 years of their lives to their successful family restaurant business, Joe and Mamma decided it was time to retire, subsequently selling their cherished restaurant in early 2007, and retired in Alabama to be closer to their daughters Mary and Sonia. Soon after, their son Michael, decided to join the rest of the family in Alabama and the adventure begins to unfold.
Michael, Mary and Sonia, have joined forces to bring Joe's to Alabaster and collectively share with you our love and passion for Italian culture and cuisine.
Our Philosophy
We believe in fresh food, prepared with ingredients of the up most quality. We believe in excellent customer service. It is our goal to provide a clean and friendly family atmosphere and to be your locally owned and operated neighborhood restaurant.
We intentionally keep our menu limited to provide our customers with quality and delicious meals. Our daily specials will reflect the seasons and availability of fresh local and regional produce.
Welcome to our family and to Joe's Italian Plaza Pasta & Caffé. It is our pleasure and honor to serve you.
3 comments:
That place sounds awesome, when can we go?
YUM! I am salivating and want to go NOW!
SOUNDS WONDERFUL! I WANT TO GO WHEN I AM OFF WORK. I KNOW I COULDN'T EAT THERE AND THEM GO TO WORK. LET ME KNOW WHEN AND I WILL BE THERE....I WILL EVEN PAY!
Post a Comment